One of the most common problems people experience when it comes to their mattress is the infestation of bed bugs. These tiny creatures can cause skin rashes and skin lesions. In addition to that, many health problems have been associated with close contact with bed bugs.
Needless to say, you have to keep your mattress clean and healthy all the time. Here are some tips on how to solve mattress bed bugs issues:
1. If your mattress has already been infested by bugs, you should consider getting a new mattress. If you don’t have the budget yet, you can try buying an inexpensive mattress topper and a mattress cover instead. You can find a lot of mattress covers that can seal bed bugs in the bed and prevent them from infecting other parts of the mattress. Seal your primary bed using the cover and just place the mattress topper on top of it.
2. You can find a lot of bug solutions in the market. Spray the product all over the mattress. This will help ward off bed bugs. Provided that your mattress has not been infested by bugs yet, you can use this treatment. Just remember to spray the product once a month to maintain the cleanliness of your bed.
3. Many people do not like using mattress covers because many covers are made from uncomfortable plastic sheets. If you can’t find comfortable covers, you can just use the plastic cover to protect your box spring. This will prevent bugs from climbing to the topmost part of the mattress.
4. Try making your own bug repellent. Lemon juice seems to be a good cleaning material. It also helps disinfect the mattress and get rid of mattress odor. Just mix one cup of lemon juice with a cup of warm water. Place the mixture in a spray bottle. Spray it all over the mattress.
5. Keep your mattress clean all the time. Use a vacuum cleaner with a high efficiency particular air filter. This will ensure that invisible dirt particles and bugs are removed from the surface of the bed.
Also replace bed sheets regularly. Clean your bed sheets using a fragrant detergent. You can find laundry detergents infused with aromatic oils like lavender. They work well in warding off dust mites and bed bugs. Purchase those types of cleaners and use them specifically to wash your bed sheets and pillow cases.